Planning a visit to SciTech Hands On Museum?
To help reduce the risk of the coronavirus, SciTech Hands On Museum is closed to visitors. The museum will be closed at least until April 13, 2020.
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 10a-5p
SciTech Hands On Museum is open for many school holidays! Please check for hours for:
- Columbus Day
- Winter Break
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Presidents’ Day
- Spring Break
- Good Friday
18 W. Benton St., Aurora, IL 60506
SciTech Hands On Museum is located in the heart of downtown Aurora, IL, about 45 miles west of downtown Chicago and five miles from Interstate 88. Located on the Fox River, the museum has beautiful vista and guests can see birds and wildlife from the outdoor park during the summer. SciTech is one of many historic buildings on Stolp Island and the entire island is listed on the National Register of Historic Places
SciTech Hands On Museum will be CLOSED for major holidays, including New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.
General Admission (ages 3-59): $10 per person
Seniors (ages over 60): $8 per person
Veterans and First Responders (with valid ID): $8 per person
Toddlers (ages under 3): free
SciTech Hands On Museum is a participating member of
ASTC Members of the following Illinois museums may show their cards and photo ID to receive 50% off admission:
- Burpee Museum of Natural History in Rockford
- Cernan Earth and Science Center of Trition College
- Discovery Center Museum in Rockford
- Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago
- Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum in Chicago
Parking is FREE and available on a first-come, first-served basis. A 6-hour city parking lot is on the east side of the building. Three-hour street parking is available on the north and south sides of Benton from 8am – 8pm. Please move your car before 3 hours have passed.
Additional parking options:
– City garage, located on Stolp Ave, 1 block north of the museum. This a a self-pay parking garage. SciTech does not validate parking tickets.
– Library parking lot, located on River St, 1 block west of the museum. This is for 6-hour free parking.