SciTech scientists will deliver STEAM experiences right to your door. From Hands On labs and class demonstrations to activity tables, you can enjoy all that a SciTech program has to offer in the comfort of your own venue.
We can bring out marketing materials and provide short, Hands On science activities of our choice at your event. Bring your event into focus by requesting a specific Activity²Go, Demo²Go, or Lab²Go.
Activities²Go will bring out specialized SciTech equipment, such as the NASA-inspired wind tunnel or Harmonograph. Our educators will lead your guests through the activities as well as provide smaller STEAM-based challenges. Choose one or more topics to bring to your event.
This activity will introduce concepts about probability, quantum physics, and logic. Hands On activities emphasis problem-solving through puzzles. Giant soma cubes provide a life-size puzzle with 240 independent solutions as well as thousands of geometric shapes that can be created from the seven simple Soma pieces.
The average human, at rest, produces around 100 watts of power. Through a variety of Hands On experiments, participants can discover how our own bodies can transmit energy to light up LEDs, why magnets produce electricity, and what it takes to fry a pickle.
How does a bird’s wing compare to a bat’s wing? Why can airplanes fly? What does aerodynamics have to do with lift and velocity? SciTech will bring out the NASA-inspired vertical wind tunnel and participants can experiment with creating their own flying machine.
- Have you ever seen rain with a chance of sunshine? What causes colorful sunsets? Explore the science that drives the weather and learn how you, too, can predict the weather.
- Art in Motion – Kinetics and movement are used in many ways to create works of art. The SciTech Harmonograph highlights this Activity²Go table through mesmerizing motion and the laws of physics.
Learn about primary and secondary colors and how color can be used to trick your brain. Try out the SciTech SpinArt Box and take home a centrifugal masterpiece.
Please note: Activities²Go programming is ideal as an ADD-ON activity table at fairs or STEAM nights. Activities can typically be done in small groups (1-5 people) and require less than 5 minutes.
A single topic brought out by SciTech for up to 2 hours. Each additional hour is $100.00.
Two topics or activities brought out by SciTech for up to 2 hours. Each additional hour is $150.00.
Three topics or activities brought out by SciTech for up to 2 hours. Each additional hour is $200.00
Demos²Go provide a 30-minute presentation on a topic. A SciTech teacher will lead an interactive science show with demonstrations that are sure to impress your participants. There is a maximum of 30 participants per demo. Additional demo sessions can be scheduled for larger groups.
- Electricity & Magnets
- Light & Optics
- Circle of Math
- Predator and Prey
- Scientific Method
- Simple Machines
- States of Matter
- Awesome Weather
Labs²Go are a 60-minute presentation on a topic. A SciTech teacher will introduce a topic and then guide your group through a lab activity. There is a maximum of 30 participants per lab. Additional lab sessions can be scheduled for larger groups.
Lab subjects include:
- Awesome Weather
- Buzz About Bees
- Electricity and Magnets
- Incredible Insects
- What’s the Matter with Chemistry
- Ceiling heights are a minimum of 25′.
- There must be a 30′ square of floor space.
- The planetarium must be set up INDOORS only.
- Program capacity will vary, depending on the size of participants. A maximum of 45 people per session, please. Additional sessions may be booked.
- STARLAB® is handicapped accessible. Please let the SciTech instructor know of any special needs.
Science Shows with the SciTech Imaginators!
Have the Imaginators come to your school for a high-energy science-fueled show all about the science of flight. Students can see air with our huge vortex cannons, watch as we use the power of combustion to launch a rocket, marvel as we shoot toilet paper clear across the room, and so much more!
You have never seen kids so excited for toilet paper in your life.
This 45 minute presentation is suited for a large assembly of 100 or more people. With plenty of opportunities for volunteers to help perform experiments, this is sure to be a great experience for all grades! And one lucky student will even get a chance to ride our hovercraft during the show finale.*
* Schools must provide an entrance that is at least 50 inches wide for the hovercraft to fit through. This can be accommodated by a double door entrance or garage door.
- Science²Go programs are subject to availability. Please fill out the registration form on our website and contact to inquire about availability. Two-month (8 weeks) advanced booking is recommended.
- Demos²Go and Labs²Go have a maximum of 30 participants (adults and children). Larger groups may need to schedule multiple sessions.
- Travel fees are included in the booking prices for venues within 30 miles. Please contact a SciTech Outreach Coordinator if you are more than 30 miles from the museum.
- Invoicing may take up to 2 weeks to process. At least two-month (8 weeks) advanced booking is recommended. A booking fee may apply for last minute reservations.
- Online reservations do not guarantee the requested date or program. If we can accommodate your reservation request, an invoice will be sent to the email provided on the registration form. If we cannot accommodate your date request, we will contact you via phone and or email to select an alternative date.
- Once you receive your invoice via email your reservation will be held for 30 days. Your reservation is not guaranteed until your deposit is paid.
- All payments are final. No refunds will be issued.
- Deposits are non-refundable and due 14 days after the receipt of invoice. Deposits may be paid by check through the mail OR by credit card over the phone (630.859.3434×210).
- The full balance for your program is due 30 days before your program date. If you need to change your date a rebooking fee may be applied.
- All payments are final. SciTech does not offer refunds on field trips, programs, or purchased lunches.